Thursday, January 27, 2011

Park

Since beginning of January, Nathan has been a terrible sleeper.  Some nights he wakes up just needing to be rocked a few minutes then goes right back to sleep.  Other nights he is up for hours at a time.  The other night I was up with him from 1 am to 3:30, at which point I woke up Gar and told him I was "tapping out."  I just couldn't do it anymore.  Last night he was up for an hour.  But not just awake.  He was ready to play.  I tried to lay with him but he just rolled around and giggled.  So frustrating.  So today I had the bright idea of taking him to the park and letting him burn off some energy in hopes he would have a good night sleep!  And so off to the park we went: Nathan, Natalie, and me.

The kids swung on the swings.





At one point both of my children were squealing with happiness, my heart just melted and I felt as if there was no where in the world I would rather be in that moment.  I just felt so lucky to be there mom.  Sometimes I get so consumed with work and cooking and cleaning that I forget to just enjoy and play with my children.  Garrett is so good at it.  He can sit with the kids and play video games or just hang out.  But I am always up feeling as though everything must be clean and tidy before I can even sit down.  So going to the park was just so refreshing.

Nate climbed up the slide.  Natalie was such a great big sister and let Nate ride on her lap down the curly slide.


Before we left the kids wanted to say hi to the ducks.


Nathan just loves animals and wanted to get right up close to the ducks and geese.  He has no fear.  The following picture was taking right before the goose tried to take a bite out of Nate.  The goose saw Nate (who was shorter than this giant bird) and decided he was much too close and lunged right at him.  Luckily, I was right there and picked up Nate quickly.  But the goose was relentless.  He still came toward us so I had to turn and sprint.  I got away but not until after the angry bird chomped down on my leg.  Good thing I was wearing jeans.  Nate whimpered a bit and pointed and the goose.  I think his feelings were hurt. 


Such a beautiful day with my sweet kids.  I'm a lucky Mama.

Til next time,
Trish

PS- I will let you know if the park wore Nate out enough to sleep through the night.  I am keeping my fingers and toes and everything else crossed.  Please sleep little man!

1 comment:

  1. I hope the fresh air and running around works otherwise you know what you will have to go...ugh...just let him cry it out because you don't want this to become a habit. Easier said than done huh? I wish you luck...great photos by the way! My sister Judy still can't get on to the blog...I don't know why...maybe you could call her and give her a little lesson, ha! XOXO

    ReplyDelete